There is a type of deferred annuity, called a deferred income annuity, that is designed solely to create a guaranteed future income. In exchange for higher income payments later, you give up liquidity. With deferred income annuities, you receive guaranteed income payments for the rest of your life.
- Start taking income payments when you want via several payout options.
Good things may come to those who wait. With a deferred annuity, you set aside money today so you can receive income later. In between, you’ll get tax-deferred growth on any earnings.
Deferred annuities are long-term investments that can be used for retirement income.
With deferred annuities, you:
- Pay no income taxes until you start taking your money out.
- Can withdraw up to 10% of the accumulated value each year without a surrender charge (does not apply to deferred income annuities).
- Manage how and when you take income.
SINGLE PREMIUM DEFERRED FIXED ANNUITY
Turn a single payment into future income. Plus, you earn a fixed interest rate and the opportunity for tax-deferred growth. You also can take limited withdrawals without a surrender charge.
- Make a one-time payment.
- Earn a competitive, guaranteed minimum interest rate.
FIXED INDEXED ANNUITIES
Purchase a fixed indexed annuity with a one-time, lump-sum payment and take advantage of growth potential and built-in loss protection. Pay no taxes on earnings until you start taking income. Plus, you can withdraw up to 10% of your value annually without surrender charges.
- Potential for interest credited annually, up to a cap.
- No loss of value due to negative market performance.
FLEXIBLE PREMIUM DEFERRED FIXED ANNUITY
Strengthen your savings as you go with flexible premium options. Flexible premium deferred annuities are designed to help you save at your own pace. You can make premium payments as frequently or infrequently as you want (some restrictions apply).
- Earn a competitive fixed-interest rate.
- Turn your assets into an income stream later.
DEFERRED INCOME ANNUITY
Guaranteed income can help cover your essential expenses. Purchase a deferred income annuity with a one-time, lump-sum payment and receive guaranteed income payments down the road for one or two people. For many people, it’s a way to help supplement Social Security with an additional guaranteed income.
- In exchange for higher income payments later, you give up liquidity.
- Multiple payout options let you choose how/when to take income.
FLEXIBLE PREMIUM DEFERRED VARIABLE ANNUITY
- Potential to grow tax-deferred until you start taking withdrawals.
- Choose how and when you take retirement income.